lördag 26 november 2011

Blanket: The pattern

Here's a link to the original blanket. I found it as a free pdf at Pinnehobby (lovely blog!) and it is on Ravelry too, where you can see what lovely things people have done with it.

I did not care so much for the hearts, so I made something else there.

And the yarn. Well, I really, really wanted this blue color, so the yarn is much thicker than in the original, which is knitted in something that is near to lace weight. Same, same, but different.


Managing knitting with colours

It is easy to get lost vertically in the section of the blanket that has the blue motif. To manage this, I hide the following rows in the diagram with a sheet of paper, like this:

This way, what I see on the paper corresponds to what I'm holding in my hand. The following rows are not knitted yet, and I get confused seeing them them. This isn't exactly a pattern where you see the motif until you are done, so my eyes wander back and forth from the paper to the knitting, and I really needed this little help.

To keep track on the rapports horisontally, place markers are invaluable. At least when the pattern is this intricate.

- posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

fredag 25 november 2011

Blanket update II

Getting on with the hard part now.

- posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

måndag 21 november 2011

Blanket update

Closing in on the flowers.

- posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

fredag 18 november 2011

Blanket in progress

You will read more about this as the work goes on.

Yarn: Drops Karisma, dark grey 53, light grey 21, warm red 48, folklore blue 50.